Sep 19, 2008

be a hero



Last week I went to the lovely city of Boston for work and had the chance to shoot a couple of videos for this awesome site called how2heroes. This site has great cooking videos from regular peeps like you and me and also some from amazing chefs—all sharing their recipes and tips. You can learn how to make a traditional Apple pie, learn what molecular gastronomy is all about and try some new booze mix like the venus in furs cocktail. Needless to say I've pretty much watched every video there AND also had the chance of shooting my own. I confess it's kinda embarrassing to watch myself, but whatever! the point is that i get to share some wonderful traditional recipes i grew up with. Here are some pics of my last shoot: how to make plantains 2 ways: Tostones (fried green plantains) and Platanos fritos (fried ripe plantains). Oh, and you know what? you can shoot your own too. Register and read about how you can upload your own fabulous cooking video... c'mon don't be shy!


No comments: