Mar 28, 2009

Go fish



My hubby and I love fish, but with salmon and tuna being so pricey lately (specially at our local New Season's Market) we've been having mostly Tilapia. We usually prepare it the same way every time because it's SO good and it always comes out delicious. I really recommend buying it fresh and preparing it the same day, it really makes a difference in flavor. This time I served it with grilled zucchini and onions, super healthy!

INGREDIENTS::
1 lemon
2 tilapia filets
spices: Chili powder, Cayenne pepper, ground garlic, salt & pepper 
  (you can also use your favorite spicy/bbq mix even if it's for meat)
2 zucchinis, sliced longwise
1/2 onion, sliced

DIRECTIONS::
_FISH:  
_Squeeze half the lemon all over the fish (both sides) and sprinkle with all your spices. I usually add a lot more on my hubbys than mine because he likes it really spicy.
_Heat up just enough olive oil to cover a non stick pan (medium heat) and add your fish. Cook for about 3 minutes, flip and cook for another 3 minutes (or until nice and brown). Then, I like to squeeze the other half of the lemon in the pan and cover it for another minute or to until its done. How do you know it's done? it should be easy to cut with a fork and should be nice and white on the inside. Be delicate when taking it out of the pan!

_VEGGIES:
_Just sprayed them with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Grilled them on our indoor flat grill.

I bet you'll love this and it'll become a staple at your house!



1 comment:

Amy said...

yumers! I am going to make this tomorrow!!! Miss you! Hope you and the H2H crew are having a blast in Beantown!!